Bulk Freight Company Wants More Truckers to Go PRO
The U.S. trucking industry is (quite literally) the driving force of our country. In 2019 alone, trucks hauled close to 12 billion tons of commodities. We’d all go hungry without our truckers. What, no burritos?!
If you’re a freight driver in today’s fast-paced world, you want to find loads quickly and easily, work with reputable companies that pay on time, and be in a supportive community. If you’re a shipper, you want reliable transportation when you need it, a simple payment system, and to stay connected.
BulkLoads.com—“the largest bulk freight-matching marketplace”—is the place to do it all. With both free and paid membership options, industry pros can find loads, book trucks, post classified ads, locate washouts, negotiate rates, get paid, talk shop with instant messaging…even listen to podcasts. The company’s also launched a five-star mobile app used by thousands of carriers daily.
They Weren’t Firing on All Cylinders
BulkLoads saw the need for an online community where both carriers and shippers could connect—a place to match grain loads with grain haulers, for example—and gassed up their business engines. They created a tiered membership model, built the site, wrote blog posts, and generated emails. Business was pretty good.
The problem was that they were relying on an inside sales team to connect with non-paying members in the hopes of converting them to paid subscribers. Without a strong automated email campaign to reach a broader audience and drive sales, they simply weren’t firing on all cylinders. Fortunately, they knew they could do better and met with Email Broadcast.
Marketing in Need of an Overhaul
BulkLoads saw their partnership with us as an effective means to catapult their marketing efforts and boost revenue. These were their business goals coming in:
- Collect more prospects
- Increase paid memberships
- Automate onboarding
- Retain more members
- Improve business visibility
Rather than depend on individual salespeople to grow the number of paid memberships, we saw an opportunity to automate the process through a carefully targeted, fully branded email marketing campaign—one that would simultaneously build trust in their brand, grow their list, and educate their readers.
A Road Map (AKA Strategy)
Every great email campaign starts with a strategy. Together with BulkLoads, we decided our strategy would consist of four key elements:
- A SuperCollector™ with an irresistible offer—“Win a FREE Sentinel Dashboard Camera!”—to build their list.
- Monthly broadcasts to connect with audience members, introduce readers to important features and benefits on the platform (including BulkLoads’ partnership with the factoring company Smart Freight Funding), encourage PRO membership upgrades, share inspiring stories from the road, and help launch their new mobile app.
- An automated sales series to educate “free” members and invite them to upgrade to a PRO account automatically—without any touch from a sales team. This series was segmented so that the first email went out to all subscribers, while the second was split into “shippers” and “carriers” for a more personalized user experience. BONUS: The third email included a visual checklist designed to highlight the differences between free and paid memberships.
- An automated onboarding series to welcome new PRO subscribers and acquaint them with ALL the bells and whistles available to them, thereby enhancing membership retention and renewals.
Delivering the Goods
The campaign is truckin’—just as we anticipated it would. BulkLoads’ automation series see open rates as high as 64% and click-through rates as high as 33%. When we activated their SuperCollector, the conversion rate spiked at 11.93% (our typical goal is 1%). Not only that, but their list has grown by 1,700+ new subscribers in only three months!
What BulkLoads Is Saying
“We’re firm believers in finding experts to create the best solutions and that’s why we chose Email Broadcast to assist us with all of our email communication, from marketing to sales funnels and education about our online business. We were most impressed with how their email design looked and felt like our website—but was constructed so much better and more professionally. I’d highly recommend them to any company looking for an email marketing company.”
—Jared Flinn, Operating Partner, BulkLoads.com
The Road to Your Success
Full-service email marketing can save you loads of time and energy and grow your business like no other marketing avenue. If you’re curious about what an expert email campaign could do for your company, we’d love to help you get the show on the road.
How It Works
Transform your email marketing in three easy steps:
We offer a free 20-minute consult to talk about your business and see if we might be a good fit. If a partnership sounds promising, we'll schedule a discovery call.
After we have all the facts, we’ll present a proposal outlining our tailored, full-service solution—what it will include, what it will do for your business, and what it will cost.
Win More Business
This is where we execute a world-class email campaign to help you win more business while you celebrate, breathe a sigh of relief, and move on to your next project.