This guide is here to help you get your Free Cold Email Trial started as quickly as possible.
Create your account
- Go to https://app.emailbroadcast.com/signup
- Fill in your credentials.
- An email confirmation message will be sent to the email address you used. If you don’t see it in your inbox, check your spam or promotions folders.
- Click on the link to confirm your email.
- You can now login to your account.
Setting up your account for cold email
You need to complete four primary tasks to start sending cold email:
- Connect an email account which the cold email will be sent from
- Add a new segment to your audience who will receive your cold email campaign
- Create your cold email campaign
- Activate your cold email campaign
Connect an email account to be used for sending
Upload your contact list
- Go to “Audience” on the left hand menu
- Click on “+ Segment”
- Fill in the name of the segment, the description is optional, select “Save”
- Click on the name of the new segment you created
- Click “Choose File” and browse to the location of your “.csv” file which contains the new contacts and select it.
- Press “Upload”
- The selected file will appear in the table below. Click on the name of the file
- Assign the merge tags correctly. At a bare minimum you need to assign the Email Tag. The recommend you should at least have a Email Tag and First Name tag assigned for each contact.
- Once done, click “Import”, depending on the size of the file it could take some time to process. Please be patient. It will take you back to your new segment once finished importing.
- You have now created your first segment.
Create your first campaign
- Go to “Cold Email” on the left hand navigation bar
- Click “+ Campaign”, provide the name of the campaign, the description is optional. Press “Save”
- You will now see a new row for your campaign, click on the name of the campaign
- You will be taken to the “Sequence” tab, here you can add emails to your sequence. Click “Add” to create your first email. Guide to creating your first email can be found here.
- Finish the setup of your sequence. For your first sequence, it is advised to use one or two messages at the most.
- Be sure to personalize your emails to get the best results using merge tags.
- Select the “Setup” tab
- In the first step you need to select the segment that you created. Click on “None” In the dropdown, select the name of the segment that you created.
- Most likely, you will need to check the “None” box and unselect the “Valid” box. This section is explained further in another article.
- Select save
- Step 2 assign the sender. Click “add” or the pencil icon. Select the email account that you configured earlier
- Edit the send schedule (if needed)
- Optional: assign a date to finish the campaign on. This is a hard stop and any email that is still pending will not be sent.
- Optional: daily send limit. This sets the maximum (excluding some daily variation) number of emails that will be sent. The default is to use the available sender capacity of the email accounts assigned to this campaign.
- Optional: notify positive replies. If you are not proactively monitoring the email account(s) which you are sending from you can set up an automatic notification to be sent to any email you choose when a positive reply happens.
- Your campaign should be completely set up now and only waiting on you to activate it.
- When everything is ready, activate your campaign.
- Note: by default, the first emails will be scheduled for the next business day after you start the campaign. If you want to “start now”